Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Emily!

This weekend Emily came to visit!  We had a fabulous time running all over town and eating at many of the places I have heard about but never been.  When Emily got here we back toward town and hit the Central West End to check out their shops and The Cupcakery. After taking a red velvet and a chocolate cupcake with PB frosting (surprisingly that was mine) we shopped around.  Friday night we went to dinner on The Hill which is the Italian part of town.  I have heard from my roommates about Cunetto's but had yet to try it.  So Emily and I went for an early dinner to beat the crowd and boy am I glad we did that! When we walked out there was probably a 2 hour wait!

Michelle also had a friend here for the weekend so the four of us spent a lot of time hanging out together getting to know one another.  It was such a blessing that Ashley and Emily got along so well.  Michelle and I were able to leave the two of them to go grocery shopping by themselves and have a great time together!






Saturday was another full day for us.  Even though we didn't get out of the house until later in the afternoon we played hard! Emily and I ventured downtown to the City Museum since we have both heard so much about it. After climbing through caves, hiking up 7 flights of spiral stairs and sliding down slides for a few hours we decided we both needed a nap. 


(I was too scared to climb that high so I just watched and took pictures!)

 Dinner was probably the most fabulous meal ever. We went to Bailey's Chocolate Bar in Lafayette Square.  WOW it was good. We split a small pizza and then each had our own dessert.  My brownie and cinnamon ice cream was SO good. Emily got a flourless lava cake with coffee ice cream.  I am happy to go there with every guest that comes in to town (they have blondies Alexa). After the sugar induced coma we went to a coffee shop to hear a CTS student play and meet up with some other folks from school.

Sunday night Emily and Ashley were satisfied with the few friends they met Saturday so they convinced Michelle and I to have a party at our house.  Sunday night we had close to 20 people over to games and Globe watching.

I am still recovering from staying up late every night with these ladies!





No comments:

Followers