Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Greek Festival

School has started! I have been in school almost two full weeks.  I am only taking 10 hours this semester (minimum allowed) and it is fantastic.  I feel like I have all this time on my hands.  I think I need to give it a bit longer though and see how I feel once work starts tomorrow.

This weekend one of the Greek Orthodox churches had a festival all weekend.  They gave tours of their church, served TONS of food and had dance performances.  I went Monday for lunch.  I got a gyro and had some of a dessert sampler.  The dancing was okay.  The kids dancing didn't really seem to be enjoying themselves.  I think they were all tired of performing and way over the festival.

I might try the Japanese Festival next year and see if it is any better.  Still, I love having all these options of things to do!

No comments:

Followers