Monday, September 7, 2009

War Eagle for Friends!

This has been a great weekend! Not only is it a 3 day weekend but college football started and I had friends come through town!

Friday night the MAC (Master of Arts, Counseling) Program hosted a Barbecue or to the southern folks a Cookout, for all the new students. It was great to meet all of the people that I am in class with and hear their stories.

Saturday Norman and Tim stopped through on their way back to Huntsville! It was definitely a highlight for me! We had some actual bbq and some STL frozen custard. I loved catching up and hearing about what has been going on with them. It was such a treat.

Saturday night, finally arrived! It's football season!!! War Damn Eagle!

I watched the football game with the St Louis Auburn Club. Of course, I was the youngest one there but tell people you have been in town a little over three weeks and they are excited to be your friend. All of them were very friendly. Would I normally hang out with these people, no. But what draws us together is the Auburn Family. It is truly one of the coolest things.

Sunday was another new church to try. This week was Kirk of the Hills. Loved it that it was very southern. Sunday was their church picnic. Love the free church food and meeting all of the sweet families!

Now for studying and getting ready for the week!

No comments:

Followers