Thursday, March 11, 2010

A new recipe

Tonight was one of those "what can you make with what you have in the pantry" nights.   I have been following this blog Budget Bytes and love that she breaks down the cost of the recipes.  There have been several I have wanted to try but tonight was finally the night.
I had some sweet potatoes almost past due and turned them into enchiladas along with some black beans, corn, and red onion.  It turned out to be a really good recipe.  Cheap too because I had almost everything!
I didn't have poblano peppers so I used a small can of chilies instead and it worked out fine. I also didn't roast my potatoes.  I baked them yesterday and cut them up today.  My only recommendation would be to mix some sour cream in with the enchilada sauce before you put it on top. But, that is just the way I like it!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Followers